In an effort to do our part to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we wanted to make you aware of steps we’re taking at our clinic to protect our clients and staff. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us implement these policies.
- We will be increasing the frequency of our disinfecting of the Reception area and all surfaces that are routinely touched in that area. Exam rooms are always disinfected after each appointment.
- Staff have been asked to stay home if they are experiencing a fever or any upper respiratory symptoms.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations are located throughout the clinic.
- If YOU are experiencing a fever or any upper respiratory symptoms, we ask that you call us to reschedule your appointment or if urgent, please request a mask when you arrive to reduce the risk of any transmission.
- Please minimize the number of family members who come to your pet's appointment whenever possible.
- Credit card and personal check payments are preferred over handling cash.
- Don’t shake hands.
- Maintain a proper distance between you and others (3 feet), whenever possible.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth.
According to the AVMA, Multiple international and domestic health organizations have indicated that pets and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting or spreading COVID-19.
For more tips on how to prepare for an outbreak in our community, go to https://www.avma.org/resources-tools/animal-health-and-welfare/covid-19 or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.