Given the fluid nature of the Coronavirus outbreak and our desire to protect staff and clients from potential exposure, we are implementing the following policies effective immediately. These policies are evaluated regularly and continue to evolve as dictated by the situation. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and flexibility as we work to find the best solutions to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Policy last updated: 07/06/2020
Our primary goal is to remain open to serve our patients who are sick or in need of urgent care throughout this pandemic situation and that requires that we take strong measures to keep our staff healthy and to limit their potential exposure to the Coronavirus. Given that the current CDC guidelines are to have staff remain at home while waiting for any test results, and if positive for COVID-19, to remain quarantined for 14 days, it would not take many staff to be out to force us to cut back on hours or even close completely, especially if our doctors should become ill. We know that our patients and clients rely on us to be there for them when they need us, so we are opting to be very conservative in our policies restricting access to our clinics.
We understand that not being present for your pet's appointment may be stressful to you or feel inconvenient, but we appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we all work together to get through this difficult time. Please know that we can offer videochat appointments on a limited basis if requested in advance.
IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR IF YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 3 WEEKS, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC. WE ASK THAT YOU HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER BRING YOUR PET IF IT IS URGENT OR THAT YOU POSTPONE ANY ROUTINE VISITS.
- We ARE accepting new clients and have no restrictions on types of appointments being scheduled other than appointments for ONLY a routine nail trim. This is primarily due to capacity while we get caught up on other more critical Tech appointments that had been postponed over the last couple of months.
- Because social distancing is difficult in our reception areas and exam rooms, we are continuing to restrict access to our buildings and are asking client to wait in their cars during their pet's appointment. For some appointments, such as euthanasia or demonstrations of how to administer fluids or medications, we are allowing clients to enter with masks.
- For clients who are not comfortable not being present with their pet during their visit, we do have an option of a Telemedicine visit that would allow us to speak to you via videochat during your pet's appointment. If you would like to consider this option, please request that when making your appointment so we can provide instructions on how to use that App or email Kerry at email@example.com.
What to Expect When You Arrive:
- Please park in the parking lot and call us when you arrive (414-475-5155 Main Clinic / 414-375-4165 East Tosa Clinic). We will need your help by exiting your car and handing your pet over to the Assistant when they come out to meet you. We will take histories and have the doctor discuss any issues or recommendations by phone. We will also process payment by phone. Credit card is the preferred method of payment. **For the Main Clinic Location on Wauwatosa Ave: We are not able to take your pet if you are parked on Clarke St. or Wauwatosa Ave. as this poses a safety risk. You must park in the back parking lot at the main clinic.**
- For any prescription refills or food pickups, we are doing a curbside drop-off. Our Client Care team will process payments by phone when you request your refills and then when you arrive at the clinic, we ask that you call or text us at 414-475-5155 (Main Clinic) or 414-375-4165 (East Tosa Veterinary Clinic) to let us know that you are here and then we will come out to you with your order.
Please remember that we do have our ONLINE PHARMACY available to have items delivered right to your home, eliminating the need to come to the clinic for food, supplements or prescription medications. Visit www.WauwatosaVet.VetsFirstChoice.com to order.
Call or text us at 414-475-5155 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
LAST UPDATED 05/29/2020