Given the fluid nature of the Coronavirus outbreak and our desire to protect staff and clients from potential exposure, we are implementing the following policies effective immediately. These policies are evaluated regularly and continue to evolve as dictated by the situation. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation and flexibility as we work to find the best solutions to keep everyone as safe as possible.
Policy last updated: 02/04/2021
Our primary goal is to remain open to serve our patients who are sick or in need of urgent care throughout this pandemic situation and that requires that we take strong measures to keep our staff healthy and to limit their potential exposure to the Coronavirus. Given that the current CDC guidelines are to have staff remain at home while waiting for test results if experiencing symptoms and if positive for COVID-19, to remain quarantined for several days, it would not take many staff to be out to force us to cut back on hours or even close completely, especially if our doctors should become ill. We know that our patients and clients rely on us to be there for them when they need us, so we are opting to be very conservative in our policies restricting access to our clinics.
We understand that not being present for your pet's appointment may be stressful to you or feel inconvenient, but we appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we all work together to get through this difficult time. Please know that we do offer videochat appointments using our PetDesk app if requested in advance and are continuing to evaluate new technologies to enhance our ability to serve you and your pet.
IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR IF YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 3 WEEKS, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC. WE ASK THAT YOU HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER BRING YOUR PET IF IT IS URGENT OR THAT YOU POSTPONE ANY ROUTINE VISITS.
- We are currently having to restrict the number of new clients that we can see due to capacity limitations and our commitment to making sure that we are available to see our existing patients. We are hopeful that this restriction will be temporary and are evaluating it frequently. We apologize for any inconvenience. We are also not able to take appointments for routine nail trims currently as we continue to have a wait list for Tech appointments and want to ensure that we are able to see patients with more medically urgent needs.
- Because social distancing is difficult in our reception areas and exam rooms, we are continuing to restrict access to our buildings and are asking client to wait in their cars during their pet's appointment. For some appointments, such as euthanasia or demonstrations of how to administer fluids or medications, we are allowing clients to be in exam rooms for their pet's appointment. MASKS are required when entering the building.
- For clients who are not comfortable not being present with their pet during their visit, we do have an option of a Videocall/Telemedicine visit that would allow us to speak to you via videochat during your pet's appointment. If you would like to consider this option, please download the PetDesk app on your phone and request a video call appointment when scheduling so we can provide additional information as needed.
What to Expect When You Arrive:
- Please park in the parking lot and call us when you arrive (414-475-5155 Main Clinic / 414-375-4165 East Tosa Clinic). For the Main Clinic location, we are starting to do TEXT CHECK INs and will send you a text in advance if you should notify us that you're here via text.
- When we're ready to see your pet, an Assistant will call you to take your pet's history by phone and ask you to please bring them into the reception area via the front door to be handed off to the Assistant you're working with. We'll then have you wait in your car during the exam. The doctor will discuss any issues or recommendations by phone and we will also process payment by phone. Credit card is the preferred method of payment. When complete, we will have you come back into the building to pick up your pet. MASKS are required when entering the building.
- For any prescription refills or food pickups, our Client Care team will process payments by phone when you request your refills or when you arrive at the clinic. When you arrive to pick up your items, please call us at 414-475-5155 (Main Clinic) or 414-375-4165 (East Tosa Veterinary Clinic) to let us know that you are here and then we will bring your order to one of our pickup tables either in front or in back of the building (depending on where you are parked).
Please remember that we do have our ONLINE PHARMACY available to have items delivered right to your home, eliminating the need to come to the clinic for food, supplements or prescription medications. Visit www.WauwatosaVet.VetsFirstChoice.com to order.
Call or text us at 414-475-5155 or email [email protected] with any questions or concerns.
LAST UPDATED 02/04/2021