In an effort to do our part to minimize the spread of the COVID-19 virus, we want to make you aware of steps we’re taking at our clinic to protect our clients and staff.
We are strictly limiting the number of people entering the building and are asking clients to remain in their cars while we escort their pets to and from the clinic. If you have an upcoming appointment, please read the most up-to-date client policies, CLICK HERE.
Our primary goal is to remain open to serve our patients who are sick or in need of urgent care throughout this pandemic situation and that requires that we take strong measures to keep our staff healthy and to limit their potential exposure to the Coronavirus. Given that the current CDC guidelines are to have staff remain at home while waiting for any test results, and if positive for COVID-19, to remain quarantined for 14 days, it would not take many staff to be out to force us to cut back on hours or even close completely, especially if our doctors should become ill. We know that our patients and clients rely on us to be there for them when they need us, so we are opting to be very conservative in our policies restricting access to our clinics.
We understand that not being present for your pet's appointment may be stressful to you or feel inconvenient, but we appreciate your understanding and cooperation as we all work together to get through this difficult time.
As this is a very fluid situation, we are continuing to evaluate and modify policies regularly in order to best meet the needs of our patients, staff and clients. We appreciate your understanding, patience and cooperation in helping us implement these policies.
IF YOU ARE NOT FEELING WELL OR IF YOU OR A MEMBER OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 3 WEEKS, PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE CLINIC. WE ASK THAT YOU HAVE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER BRING YOUR PET IF IT IS URGENT OR THAT YOU POSTPONE ANY ROUTINE VISITS.
Main Clinic - 2600 Wauwatosa Avenue
When you arrive, Call 414-475-5155
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - Noon
East Tosa Veterinary Clinic - 6228 State Street, Ste. E
When you arrive, Call 414-375-4165
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Additional ways to stop the spread of COVID-19:
- Staff have been asked to stay home if they are experiencing a fever or any upper respiratory symptoms and will be required to have their temperature taken at the start of each shift to verify that they do not have a fever.
- If YOU are experiencing a fever or any upper respiratory symptoms, we ask that you call us to reschedule your appointment or if urgent, please request a mask when you arrive to reduce the risk of any transmission.
- Credit card and personal check payments are preferred over handling cash.
- Don’t shake hands.
- Maintain a proper distance between you and others (3-6 feet), whenever possible.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or into your elbow.
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth.
According to the AVMA, Multiple international and domestic health organizations have indicated that pets and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting or spreading COVID-19.
For more tips on how to prepare for an outbreak in our community, go to https://www.avma.org/resources... or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.