We’re very happy to announce that as of Monday, May 17th, we will again be allowing clients to be in exam rooms for their pet’s appointments at both the Wauwatosa Veterinary Clinic and East Tosa Veterinary Clinic locations.
In order to minimize traffic flow in the building and maintain some degree of social distancing, we will be asking clients to observe the following procedures:
- When you arrive for your pet’s appointment at the Main Clinic on Wauwatosa Avenue, please TEXT us at 414-800-9788 with your name, your pet’s name & best contact number to reach you to let us know that you have arrived.
- When arriving at the East Tosa Veterinary Clinic location, please CALL the clinic at 414-375-4165 to let us know that you’re here.
- Once we’re ready to start your pet’s appointment, one of our Assistants will call you to get your pet’s history by phone and ask you to bring your pet inside so we can take them directly into an exam room after being weighed. During the past year, we’ve noticed how much less stressed our patients are when they can go directly into an exam room instead of having to wait in the lobby, so we’re continuing with this process to help your pet be less stressed during their visit.
- Only ONE PERSON PER APPOINTMENT will be allowed (other than for euthanasia appointments) and MASKS will be required for everyone entering the building for the time being. If you have children or other pets with you, we will ask you to remain in your car during your pet’s appointment and we will talk to you by phone instead.
- In order to try to keep everyone on schedule, we ask that you arrive early or on time for your appointment. Anyone arriving more than 10 minutes late for their appointment may be asked to reschedule their appointment.
For any clients who are still not comfortable coming into the exam room with their pets for any reason, we certainly understand and are happy to continue to communicate by phone during and after your pet’s exam.
We are also planning to continue to have clients pay for food and prescriptions by phone whenever possible in order to reduce traffic in the reception area and speed up our clients’ experience when stopping by to pick up items.
If you are not feeling well or if you or a member of your household have tested positive for COVID-19 within the past 2 weeks, please do not come to the clinic. We ask that you have a friend or family member bring your pet if it is urgent, or that you postone any routine visits.
Main Clinic - 2600 Wauwatosa Avenue
When you arrive, Call (414) 475-5155
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - Noon
East Tosa Veterinary Clinic - 6228 State Street, Ste. E
When you arrive, Call 414-375-4165
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Friday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
According to the AVMA, Multiple international and domestic health organizations have indicated that pets and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting or spreading COVID-19.
For more tips on how to prepare for an outbreak in our community, go to https://www.avma.org/resources... or https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html.